The Examination for the Certificate of Competency in English (ECCE) is a standardized high-intermediate level English as a foreign language (EFL) examination. You can use an ECCE certificate:
- As evidence of high-intermediate competence in English for personal, public, educational, and occupational purposes
- To provide evidence of your level of English to employers
- When applying for a job or a promotion, or when conducting business with companies worldwide
The ECCE is aimed at the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) and is valid for the lifetime of the recipient. Language users at the B2 competency level:
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialization.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
TAKING THE ECCE
The ECCE is offered at different times during the year. You can take the ECCE each time it is offered. Contact your local test center for more specific information about test dates.
ECCE TEST RESULTS
You will typically receive your results within two months after taking the exam. The ECCE examination report shows your overall performance (Honors, Pass, or Fail) as well as numerical scores for each test section.
ECCE test takers will receive a scaled numeric score for all four sections. Test takers who achieve an average score of 650 or higher will be awarded a certificate. Additionally, ECCE test takers who achieve a score of 840 or higher in all four sections will be awarded a Certificate of Competency with Honors.
Now it is recognized as part of the Certifying system for all English teacher in the Ministerio de Educacion in Ecuador. ACUERDO Nro. MINEDUC-ME-2015-00069-A